Tuesday, January 15, 2013

DAY 15 - FANNING THE FLAME

Every human is born with innate curiosity. Imagine that curiosity as a flame inside us all that is lit by our Maker at our time of conception. As a mother and as their teacher, I want to give my childrens' inner flames as much oxygen to grow, to spread, and to run wild, as I possibly can. Only oxygen, only open spaces, only freedom can allow a flame to survive. I mustn't extinguish the flame by boxing it into a classroom, burying it under the sands of worksheets and rigid schedules, and most importantly, I must not try to tame it or standardize it -- for no two flames were ever meant to burn the same. We are all born with this fire of wonder, creativity, and curiosity; it's lit right into our DNA. The challenge is not how to get the flame, but rather, it's how to keep the world from burning it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment