Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 5 - Children are Not Art Projects

I heard a quote the other day that said, “Children are not our own art products to be turned out well, but their own life work in continual process.” ~ Jan Fortune Wood

It really got me thinking...Sometimes I do feel like we talk about our children like art projects. Either our own little projects "turn out well" or not -- and we take it so personally, as a reflection of ourselves. But the truth is, we can only do so much as parents because in reality, children are not our own little art projects that we can mold into exactly what we want, but rather they are free individuals who are their own, continual "work in progress."

I have been an "art project" parent for the past nine years and I'm so glad God is opening my eyes to that lie! 

                                                                Speaking of art projects...

No comments:

Post a Comment