Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day Three - Cooking to Minecraft





Today, Sharpshooter played Mincraft, cooked  his own lunch (grilled cheese), we played Stratego together, he made a generator from an “Inventors” science kit he got for Christmas, read a chapter of Ranger’s Apprentice, and he helped me cook dinner. I have to admit, he didn’t think to do any of that stuff on his own other than play Minecraft! I didn’t necessarily make him do other things but I did suggest them to him. Also, I made him take at least two hours off from Minecraft and told him he had to read a chapter from his book. I’ve read all the arguments for allowing your child to play video games as long as he/she wants but at this point in my life, I couldn’t bring myself to it! Maybe someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment